Laboratory Technician Bacteriology
Poulpharm is a reliable, independent partner for veterinarians and the veterinary pharmaceutical and food industry. Poulpharm specializes in offering high-quality research activities, both at the diagnostic level and when performing (pre-)clinical trials in its own testing facilities. All activities are performed under strict procedures (ISO 17025, GCP, GLP,…).
To support the diagnostic lab, Poulpharm is looking for a laboratory technician with specific knowledge of, and interest in, bacteriology.
Our goal is to assist the veterinarian in making a correct diagnosis while offering complementary services; such as the optimization of the composition of autogenous vaccines and a thorough bacterial strain characterization and comparison. Poulpharm also acts as an external partner for pharmaceutical companies wishing to perform bacteriological analyses.
As a Bacteriology Laboratory Technician, you will be involved in both diagnostics and project-related analyses. Here you will be responsible for performing various analytical tests, where you will use various laboratory techniques and equipment. Each study is different and tailored to the client, which makes the work very exciting and educational.
Every day there is a short planning meeting with all departments of the lab. Furthermore, we provide on-the-job training and you will be monitored and supported daily by the lead lab technician.
As a lab technician, your duties will be as follows:
- After the intake of incoming samples, you take care of the preparatory work of the analyses.
- You generate data via a wide range of laboratory analyses. You follow the predefined protocols meticulously.
- You enter the obtained results in the lab software package.
- You also work actively and enthusiastically on the development and follow-up of the daily quality policy of the lab.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree within a life science discipline or equivalent through experience.
- You are familiar with various general laboratory techniques commonly used within the bacteriology laboratory (e.g. pouring and inoculation of microbial plates, preservation of bacterial strains, MIC determination, enumeration, use of antibiograms, (an)aerobic isolation and cultivation of pathogens,…).
- Knowledge of GLP and/or ISO17025 is a plus.
- You work very fluently with the MS-office package.
- You are accurate and have an eye for detail. You are customer-oriented and results-oriented.
- You work both independently and as part of a team.
- Furthermore, you have a healthy dose of perseverance and stress resistance.
- You work a 38-hour week in a changing schedule (start at 8 am at the earliest, leave at 6 pm at the latest). Hourly schedules will be discussed and communicated well in advance.
- You are willing to work weekends (1 weekend out of 8).
What do we offer you?
At Poulpharm you can count on an interesting position in which you can take responsibility. You will have an exciting and varied job with opportunities for development. As a stable company we guarantee the necessary job security and offer you a competitive salary as well as a number of interesting fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance and hospitalization insurance. We also provide a commuting allowance.
Are you interested in joining our team? Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you qualify for the position based on your education and/or experience, we would like to invite you for an exploratory interview with HR. Even if you do not qualify for the position, you will always receive feedback. If this is positive, a second interview with the person in charge of the lab will follow. If both interviews go well and we see a good match with Poulpharm, we will be happy to offer you a salary proposal!